Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm a dumb ass.

Plain and simple. Dumb. Ass.

Brian picked the kids up this morning on his way home from work and shortly after they left go to the gym and pool. I was to meet them later. He texted me asking if I'd stop at our new fav pizza place to pick up a pizza so we can have a family lunch poolside. No problem. Didn't even have to twist my arm. He called it in and on my way up to the pool I stopped by and picked it up. I also decided to get 4 water bottles. So there I was, juggling 4 water bottles and a pizza box. Already late, I got in the car and drove off. The whole way up there I couldn't wait to eat pizza. Then I found myself glancing towards the passenger seat, then slamming on the breaks. Umm, where did I put the pizza? Oh yeah, on the roof. See, I couldn't juggle the bottles and the pizza box at the same time so I put the pizza on the roof so I could put the waters in my bag. I tore into a parking lot, opened my door and sheepishly peeked over the side, hoping. Nope. No pizza. At the exact same time, Brian's texting me, "pick up the pizza?" which was soon followed by the "you won't believe what I did" phonecall to him. All I wanted was some of my favorite pizza, but now if its not glued to someone's windshield, its in a ditch on Belair Rd somewhere. I'd like to think some nice homeless person found themself a lucky break and are munching on deliciousness. But, I don't think there's a lot of homeless people roaming around Kingsville.

Like I said, dumb ass.

3 comments:

Holly said...

That is AWESOME!!! I couldn't help but laugh, sorry. Chalk it up to not enough sleep. We've all done something like this before, so don't beat yourself up. It was just pizza, nothing that important.

Shelley said...

Maybe if you told the pizza place what happened (with really sad eyes) they would have replaced it for you. This happens to a lot of people. I hope you guys enjoyed whatever you ate for lunch. Somebody enjoyed pizza.

Paul said...

Haha, don't be too hard on yourself. Who hasn't left something on the roof of their car?

Still, I feel bad for the wasted pizza! Mmmm, pizza...