Monday, February 18, 2008

I lost almost 3 boxes of laminate flooring....

In the process of getting the house ready for Brian and Company to move in, we've been ditching some unused stuff. We've been pretty successful at selling quite a bit of stuff thats just been taking up space and collecting dust on Craig's List. In the basement we found 3 boxes of unused laminate flooring and posted it for sale. A guy in TX contacted us and wants to buy all three boxes and have it shipped to him. So, in the process of trying to give him an estimate for shipping, I had to weigh it. And weighing the long rectangular boxes was a little awkward for my little scale, so I had to weigh myself, then weigh myself holding the flooring and then determine the difference to ultimately figure out how much the flooring weighs. Ok, Sarah where are you going with this?

The boxes are freakin' heavy. They're not heavy like, ugh, I can't lift this heavy but its very compact so its just cumbersome. It was only when I determined each box to be 27 pounds did I realize how much of a favor I did to my body by losing weight. This morning, I could barely tolerate holding the box of flooring for two minutes before I got "tired." And carrying it up the steps to get to the scale? Yeah, no chance I'd be doing any stair climbing contest with that stuff in tow. 27 pounds and I got tired. To think there was a point in my life where I was carrying around the weight of almost 3 of those boxes ALL THE TIME! Its no wonder I always felt like crap. No wonder going up the stairs sucked.

We all have our frustrations like I did after my WI this morning. Only .2 pounds this week and only .4 pounds another. But I think a lot of us forget all those "onlys" add up and eventually they add up to a crazy annoying box of laminate flooring (so to speak.....). When you feel like your weight loss is nearing non-existant, go pick up a box of kitty litter or a large bag of dog food --- then think about how many "boxes" or "bags" you've been carrying around and then lost. Instead of people saying "I lost 80 pounds," maybe they'll start saying "I lost almost 4 boxes of kitty litter!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm carrying around 2 large turkeys. Once I get rid of one turkey my knees and back will thank me. Every time the scale goes down be thankful. Every minus could have been a plus. Keep up the good work. You'll get where you want to be before you know it.

Caroline said...

They were talking about that in my WW meeting last night - a lady was saying that every time she lost 5 lbs her husband would give her a bag of flour to remind her what that 5 lbs really was. I already know what my goal is - 2 boxes of kitty litter (we get these big cartons at Costco that are 40 lbs each - I always make Chris carry them in!)! You are so right about the little amounts adding up. A loss is a loss! Congrats!