Monday, February 4, 2008

Every once in a while its okay to pretend....

I'm going to pretend yesterday didn't happen, okay? I didn't go to a party and I didn't endulge in complete yumminess. There was nothing made of cream cheese or sour cream, there wasn't any Buffalo Chicken dip (which if there was, I wouldn't be sitting here trying to figure out a way to make it low points), and of course, there were no desserts---and there was absolutely NO BJ's cake. Brian and I sat at home, stared at the TV watching CNN and ate celery all night. No dip. Yep! That's exactly how last night went. Ha. Yeah right.

We went to a friend of Brian's house for their Super Bowl party. It was fun and I think Brian really enjoyed it. Its the first time in many years that he got to hang out with his old friends. I got to meet some people he talks about all the time and he seemed genuinely excited to be there. It was a little awkward for me....I'm not exactly a social butterfly that can talk to anyone and get them to talk back. I'm very jealous of people that can do that. I did make friends with one lady, but unfortunately it was next to the crockpot full of some sort of delicious creamy sausage dip. We claimed it as ours. :)

The crockpot full of yummy dip got me thinking about Amy's blog and her request for crockpot recipes. Today, I'm extremely lazy---I don't even want to go out to the store. Since its garbage day I cleaned out the fridge/freezer and came across some frozen country ribs and a 3/4 full bottle of light BBQ sauce. I decided to lug out the ol' crockpot and whip up some BBQ ribs. I went on and on to Amy about how great a crockpot is, but realized I haven't used it in forever. With all the projects we're working on around the house, especially in the upcoming weeks, I think I'm going to try to use it a little more. Cooking will be one less thing I'll have to worry about, plus its an almost guarantee of leftovers for lunch the next day! And it will save a little $$----no ordering bad for you carryout while you're up to your ears in paint!

If you have any good crockpot recipes, either post or email to peanut26@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about pretending myself, except that I kept eating today. I still fell stuffed. It is a shame I had people over because I now have leftovers. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully someone will come in during the night and make the "junk" disappear. I'm glad you had a nice time last night and that was great for Brian. It makes you feel so good when you can rekindle old friendships.