Sunday, February 10, 2008

150's

Nope, I'm not there yet. But Becky is. I'm really happy for her. Its funny how certain goals mean so much to you. Based on her blog, I'd venture to say stepping into the 150's was one of hers. I remember how excited, no make that ECSTATIC, I was when I was "less than 220", then "less than 200", then "less than 180." I think after that, I haven't really had any big goals. I've hung around the 175 mark for so many years and lost and gained the same 5-7 pounds that when I got into the 160's it wasn't that big a deal to me. I think because I have the wrong thinking....instead of being excited and saying, I'll never be "more than 170" as I did with all my other goals/milestones, I look at it like, "well, I'm 168 today, but might back at 170 tomorrow."

Anyway, all I can say is, look out for when I'm "less than 160!" That means I'm in the 150s and I haven't seen those numbers (well, from me stepping on the scale) since I played basketball in high school.....so maybe 11 years ago? Thats going to be one of those "ecstatic" milestones.

Also, how supportive of a friend is Anna? That's just awesome. People laugh about my doing WW while some are impressed or envious of the progress I've made over the years, but I've never had a friend that is that supportive to remember a milestone such as that. And being honest, I can't say I'm probably that friend either. But, I do think thats really cool. From what I think I've read in the past they have a little friendly competitioin going on with WW. Good for them. I hope both keep up the good work.

My WW update: I'm so OP its not even funny. I am even impressing myself. Lent is kicking me in the ass....so is that cruise that Bri and I recently booked. How excited are we? Not sure how smart it is to stick a WW "fat girl" on a boat full of buffets. I might need to bring my little girl pants for when we get on and pair of big girl pants for when we get off. Regardless, I'm super excited. I've never been on a cruise before and I can't wait for heat and sun and pools and relaxing!! Just thought of it...I'm going to need a bathing suit! :( I hate shopping to begin with, but thats the worst of them all!

Kinda changing the subject, yesterday, I had to take a girl that got sick at a track meet to the hospital. She had the most amazing legs in the world. Since she was running at the meet, she obviously works works hard, much harder than I'm willing to work, to have legs like that. But, as I was sitting there I couldn't help but wish I could just pop off her legs like Bella does her Barbie doll's legs and then stick them on to my body. :) Kinda gross, but I'd have some hot ass legs!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you said about the clothes you need to take on the ship was funny. My friend Carol and I ALWAYS wear the tightest stuff first and by the end of the week we wear the biggest outfits we brought (just a little loser to begin with). It works for us. Didn't know anyone else thought like us.

Caroline said...

The last time I went on a cruise I went with a friend from college (http://kristisnewstart.blogspot.com/) and we made a pact that we were going to eat what we wanted, but we also would not gain any weight. We went to the gym 3 or 4 times that week and worked out. It actually was really fun because the gym was at the front of the ship and there were just glass windows looking out so when I was running on the treadmill it felt like I was going really fast. But that worked well for us and allowed us to eat without feeling guilty all the time about what we were eating.