Friday, February 8, 2008

I always forget!

I'm not what you'd call an extremely religious person. But there are a few things I follow---why I choose to follow these things as compared to others, I have no idea. First off, communion. I won't receive communion during mass if I haven't been to confession after missing mass. Its kind of ironic, really, because I rarely go to mass. Usually its because of work, but the rest of the times I have no excuse. Secondly, lent. I follow lent. I don't know why, but I always give something up. Like one year it was Diet Pepsi. Note to self: NEVER do that again! But on the flip side, I get really mad at myself because I don't remember to not eat meat on Friday's. Its not because I'm being a rebel....I really just usually forget what day it is. Like today. I forgot it was Friday and I ate turkey sausage for breakfast. Then I got an email from Laura saying she loves lent because it gives her a reason to eat fish, pizza and pierogies on Fridays. Umm, maybe that just answered my "why do I like lent?" question. Its almost mandatory (at least in NE Pa) that you eat pizza and pierogies on Fridays. Anyway, back to my rant, now I'm pissed at myself because I ate sausage. This year for Lent I'm not giving up one particular thing like I've done int he past. In 3rd grade I gave up peas. I don't like peas to begin with. I had a very successful Lent. But the more I started to understand to premise behind Lent I started to give up things I actually liked (loved) like Diet Pepsi, fries, anything fried, pizza, etc. This year, I'm going to just do my WW faithfully. Its something I haven't been able to do lately. And I figure if I do it, I'm most definitely giving up something I really want (probably more fries/pizza). Its only 40 days, and a few of them are gone already. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to stay on track. That and my other new motivation is sitting in the chair at the hair salon. I know this has happened to someone else....you think you look all cute and then whammo! You sit in the chair at the salon with the big mirror in front of you and you almost say out loud: "Who the hell do those thighs and ass belong to?" as you realize you "spread out" in the chair. Ugh! :(

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I hate getting my hair cut because it makes my face look so much chubbier. I always think I'm looking cute, and then he washes my hair and I come back to the chair and realize I not only look like a wet dog, but I really look like a FAT wet dog! But then he cuts and dries my hair and I look gorgeous again :) I'm glad it's not just me, though.