Wednesday, May 5, 2010

OBX, here we come!!

We are on our way to OBX! I've never been before and I'm very much looking forward to it. We'll be spending the time with Brian's family, as the reason we're going is his cousin's wedding. I've known plenty of people who have been there before and all say they love it. I looked online at some of the homes and I can see this being "my" vacation spot. I'd much rather rent a house than a hotel. I like being able to cook, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like eating out, etc., but there's something about being able to wake up and have a bowl of cereal in your PJ's beachside that works for me. Plus, having lots of people around is a plus.

A few years ago, Marshall and I got in on a beach house in Ocean City that Missy organized. God, I can't even remember how many people we had in the house, but it was a blast. There were nights we went out drinking. Some we spent all together. Then there were the nights where, "we'll see you later," was the theme and we all went our seperate ways and talked about it in the morning. With the exception of an ant problem in the kitchen we had a great house. It was cozy---I remember Marshall and I coming back to bed early one morning after being out to find a guy curled up sleep-talking in his John Deere clad bed. LOL. It seems like forever ago. So much has happened since then!

I hope this trip turns out to be just as memorable as our stay in Ocean City. This will be my first "family" trip, but I'm optimistic it will be wonderful.

3 comments:

Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

That sounds like fun--I hope you have a great time!

Unsettled Mind said...

hooollllleeerrrr to the throwback memory! it was a great time! and jville, oohhhh jville. and the stories...ooooohhhhhh the stories. priceless!

Sarah said...

I know, right?! I was telling Brian all the stories on the way down to NC. Now that we're here he wants to get a group of people together for next year and get a house. The weather is perfect and the off season prices are even better!!