Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cranky Fitness----if it were a gym, I'd totally join

If what you're doing is out of proportion to the rest of your life, it will end up hurting you in the long run.

Trying to get rid of that last ten pounds is admirable. So is trying to run a marathon by your fiftieth birthday. BUT! If your obsession with or attention to those things are making you miserable every time you look in the mirror, or taking you away from things which ought to be more important, you need to moderate. You might reach your goal by being obsessive, but you won't be happy about it.


I found that on this blog, which it seems is no longer being updated. Boo :(. Really, that page was TOTALLY my kind of humor.

I'm still trying to find my "love" for cardio, which isn't coming easy, but I've been trying to get some strength training in. I'm using what I've got---a whole bunch of extra weight--- to work with. I've got an extra 60 pounds I'm carrying around, so I might as well put it to good use. I've been doing chair squats which is totally confusing the dog who is trying to sit with me, lunges using Rio as my balance beam, and plie squats which look funny but feel soooo good. I'm doing tricep dips off the coffee table and pushups with my Swiss ball. Then there's my jumping jack spurts. I'm trying to do jumping jacks for a minute at a time throughout the day. I figure they have to add up.

No, this is not the workout that will probably get me in super shape, but for now, its what is working for me. The way I see it, I can try a bunch of other stuff I hate and totally give up or I can work on these things which I actually enjoy and work up from there. Its got to be better than laying on the couch.

1 comment:

CherylM said...

Sarah, I totally understand everything that you said. I am fighting my own weight loss battle and demon's and its not fun. But I am dealing but still struggling to find my moderation.