Monday, May 10, 2010

You mean alcohol has calories?

Even the ones that taste oh, so delicious, running down your throat on the hottest of hot days? I guess I thought I was immune to counting those calories/points. I mean, hell, we were on vacation. Nothing counts on vacation! Til you come home, I guess.

Eating wise, I thought I did well--"thought" being the key word. Bri and I went to the store and stocked up on healthy snacks. I even ate fruit, people. On vacation! We ate out only once a day, making sure two of our meals were at the beach house. Every morning I had Cheerios, a banana, and skim milk. But, as the heat turned up, I turned to my drinks. Ugh, they were so delicious.

Can I tell you about the pineapple upside down cake martini? You know, the one with the graham cracker crumbles on the rim of the glass? I don't have the faintest idea how many points it was worth. I know it ended up being $9 down the drain. Although delicious, it was so sweet it was nearly impossible to have another. At the wedding, where it was 90 degrees on the beach, lemonade and vodkas did the trick. I wanna say they didn't use Crystal Light. Actually, I think I could see the sugar crystals at the bottom of the glass once emptied. Then there were the 5 point Smirnoff Ices, since I don't drink beer.

Lesson learned, my friends. Alcohol can squash good intentions, in more ways than one, I'm sure. Although my eating wasn't so bad, the scattered "waste of points," as I'm now calling alcohol, was just that -- a waste.

No comments: