Monday, May 24, 2010

Moving right along

Well, we have a tentative date: October 3, 2010.

How exciting! I put a hold on a place that provides catering, a pavilion/gazebo and has everything else we want: basketball courts, horseshoe, playgrounds, etc. I think it will be perfect for the type of celebration we are hoping for. It definitely won't be a stuffy wedding, thats for sure! Like I said, we're have the date on hold. We're just waiting to get a quote back for everything. As long as its not something extreme, I think it will be perfect.

I started looking for dresses. I'm definitely on a budget for that. I told the girls I had "preview" some ideas I had that I'm willing to take from the budget of the dress to add to the budget of the cake! I said I was joking but deep down I think I'm completely serious!

The caterer provides homestyle cookies as a dessert, so I don't think we have to go overboard with a big cake. But, I did run the idea by Brian to have a bride and a grooms cake. The catch is the bride gets to pick out the grooms cake and vice versa. I think its pretty unique and will be a surprise for us when we get there. I'm trying to get a co-workers wife to make the cake for us. She was on WeTV in a cake competition last year. I haven't had her fancied up cakes, but Pat has brought in leftovers to work and holy cake, Batman, they are super delish!! (Amy, it might just kick the shit outta BJs.)

Things are coming along. I hope the quote isn't too steep---once thats over everything else will be a breeze. Well, I guess I better find someone to marry us.

No comments: