Friday, December 4, 2009

I propose a new intensity level

I still haven't weighed in. I was due yesterday but I didn't go. I think I'll go today just to be back on track, but I'm being a baby and don't want to go because I know I gained. Good excuse, huh? Not really, I know.

Brian, Remi and I started walking with our friend Kim and her dog Shelby yesterday. It was one of the more painful things I've done in quite a long time. I found out we live on a mountain. A very steep mountain. And once you go down, you eventually have to come back up. The coming up part is where my lungs felt like they were going to explode. I think WW needs another field when determining activity points. There's low, moderate, high intensity. There needs to be a "I think I'm going to die" intensity. I met that one multiple times yesterday. But, the hour walk earned me 6 APs. I can't complain about that.

I made buffalo chicken pasta for supper last night. It was good, though spicy. I ran it through recipe builder and it was 6 points for 8 svgs.


Buffalo Chicken Pasta


main meals
POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 8


Ingredients
8oz Whole Wheat Penne
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tbsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp Durkee Pepper, Black Ground
1 medium red onion(s), sliced
1/2 c texas pete hot sauce
1/2 cup(s) light sour cream
3/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1/2 c Light Blue Cheese Salad Dressing

Instructions

Cook pasta according to directions.

Heat oil in skillet. Cut chicken up into bite sized pieces. Put chicken in skillet. Mix together paprika, garlic pwdr, salt and pepper then sprinkle over chicken. Once chicken is almost cooked through, add onion slices. Add hot sauce and let simmer for 2 minutes.

In separate bowl, mix together milk, sour cream and blue cheese dressing.
Add mix to chicken and heat through. Once heated, mix with pasta.

No comments: