Monday, December 14, 2009

Body in motion

I'm back on track. I'm so glad I got to the point where I'm able to have a bad day, get over it, and move on.

I started walking. No, not the mountain climbing I did a week or so ago with Kim, Brian and the dogs, but little walks. Last night we took a patient to the hospital, I cleaned the medic unit up and then had nothing to do while my partner wrote his report. I decided to take what ended up being a 15 minute walk around the campus of the hospital. It is too wet to walk Remi around in his normal pee areas today so we went for a 25 minute walk around the neighborhood. The walks are just long enough where I feel I did something but not long enough where I'm loathing every minute of it. My hope is all these little walks will help my endurance so the big walks won't seem so horrible. The only downfall now is the air is just so damn cold. I try to keep bundled, but then the sweating starts. I need to look into some of those "warm" clothes like Under Armor or something that wick moisture away but keep you warm. And tissues. I definitely need to stick some tissues in my pocket. Damn runny nose.

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

A little walk is better than nothing. I tell that to myself when I walk to the other end of the building to use the bathroom at work. 80 more steps than I would have done otherwise.