Thursday, March 12, 2009

Still doing it

I'm really starting to get excited about this. I'm still on plan, still haven't eaten pizza, and still WANT to continue. I did great today, if I say so myself. I stopped at Wawa fo coffee on the way home from work this morning and drooled a little over their sausage & egg sandwiches then a little more when walking past the Krispy Kreme counter. What did I do? Spend way too much for cut up apples, but I'm okay with that. I nibbled on the slices for the next 45 minutes in the car, drank my coffee and didn't feel the list bit guilty. I had a 5 pt bagel (with margarine) before my nap. This evening we went to Brian's parents for dinner since his grandparents were in town. The food was good, but I was totally under control. God, I could have eaten three more slices of bread and another serving of lasagna....or maybe try some meatballs but I didn't. I had the tiniest amount of meat sauce so I could wipe it up with my bread and I was finished. That was preceeded by a pretty good sized salad. I think I may have gotten all my fruits and veggies in. I had dessert but definitely didn't overdo it. Its amazing how well you can do when you plan ahead fo such occassions. BTW if you notice my r's are missing its not because I can't spell but because the stupid key keeps sticking.

I feel like maybe I'm presenting myself differently or maybe its just me looking at things differently but I feel like I have more support this go round. Thats good because I'll need it.

Non-food news:
I met Brian's cousins baby boy, Mason, this evening. What a cutie! And he's not one of those "oh he's cute" kids but he's really a hideous looking child, but a genuine super cutie. I love his hair all spikey. I'm sure with all the passing around of him, he was ready to head home. Unfortunately, according to his mom, it sounds like he will be up for a while.

If you want to watch an "Awwww" video, click here to see my boy Carter.

No comments: