Sunday, March 22, 2009

I don't want to hear about it.

Ok. So I didn't get to the gym today. I know, I know, I said DEFINITELY. But, I think I did enough activity to equal the gym in addition to getting a lot of stuff done that I've been putting off. I spent 1 1/2 hours vacuuming and washing floors. Another 45 minutes (maybe more) was on laundry. I walked around stores for about 2 hours then scrubbed cabinet doors for about a half hour. I don't know how many AP's that equals, but I do know it is equivalent to an achy back. Tomorrow, I'm going to the gym. I have it worked into my schedule. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow in order to make meals for the week. I'm going to the grocery store near the gym, so I gotta go. Either I go or I think Brian will pull me by the ear to get there. You think I ramble to you guys about me going or not going to the gym, or eating good and eating bad? Imagine being Brian. Back to the gym....my goal at least an hour of cardio. More would be better. I have plenty to burn off from this week. I'll have to schedule my trip around a movie or something on TV so I will be preoccupied. TNT is always a good bet for classic weekend movie.

I've got some good meals planned out for the week. I'm hoping I can make most of them tomorrow so we don't have to rush around cooking at 8pm some night. We'll be dining on Crunchy Onion Chicken with snap peas, meatloaf with mashed taters and beans or cauliflower (broccoli for him), teriyaki chicken and sticky rice, whimpies (sloppy joes), and pork tenderloin that I made for Brian to take to work. I still have plenty of cabbage and noodles leftover. I joined etools today so I can utilize the recipe builder. Its hard to figure out points for a meal without the builder. I figured out that my cabbage and noodles is 6 points for a VERY filling, large portion. Speaking of that, I may have to have Brian made some of that Rachael Ray Chili I posted about a while back. Oooh, I'm starting to look forward to this week and leftovers! (And saving $ by not eating out!!) But really....how many days til Easter? I almost broke down and had a slice of pizza tonight at the food court. Instead I dined on Boardwalk fries and grilled chicken smothered in cheese and probably oil. Yep, could have used 6-7 points on pizza. Instead I probably used a days worth of points in the fries alone. Well, let me explain myself....

I was a good girl and went to Subway. I was craving their tuna. I had 10 points left and I figured I earned at least 3 APs today so I was set. No chips. Just the sub and a diet soda. I waited in line and ordered my tuna. In the meantime, two other customers showed up asking for chicken and meatball subs. "Sorry we're out," said the sub maker lady. Ha ha, it was funny to me for no real reason....maybe because my sub was being made in front of me. It was time to pile on the veggies. No tomatoes. They are out. WTH? Fine, I decided that was okay. I paid, I sat and I started to eat. And then I stopped. I swear the tuna was dry like it was a day old or something. I was so disappointed. That is how I ended up drooling past the pizza place and ended up at the cheese steak place. I compared it to Steak Escape's points values and figured I was in an okay range. Til the fries. Ugh, will power. Where did you go?

Ok, so a few bad days. Its been a weird week. I'm ready for tomorrow. I even have notes to myself written. In my journal it says, " BE GOOD TODAY, MONDAY, and TUESDAY!! try to be the same or less for weigh in Tuesday. You need to stop being lazy and make some progress or you'll wear sausage casings forever!!" I'm sure I'll forget this when I wake up. What a wonderful thing to see first thing when I go to journal my breakfast. But if it works, I'll be writing myself nasty-grams all the time.

No comments: