Friday, March 20, 2009

1. EVERY part of my body hurts from playing dodgeball on Wednesday night, especially my butt. I thought it was all fat back there.....good to know there's some muscles.

2. Coming off a loss week, I haven't been doing very good in the eating department. I have lots of excuses like St. Patrick's Day and and eating wings at the bar that sponsors my team, being super bored at work and craving an omelet this morning. But I'm not going to tell you any of that stuff. Since I just woke up from my nap, and I've got four days remaining til I have to weigh in, my tracking starts now. (I'm saying the omelet was from yesterday. The way I see it, my day doesn't start until I've had a big lump of sleep. That and if I count the omelet I won't be able to eat anything more today.) I am going to workout...I have it all planned. I'm hoping for today but I'll see how sore I am. If not today, DEFINITELY tomorrow. And I have home chore stuff to do so that will increase the activity points too.

3. Meal planning: I was doing so good. That's until I run out of ingredients, get lazy and don't want to spend money at the store. Apparently all that is doing is sending us out to eat which I'd venture to say is more expensive than if I went to the store. (Duh.)

4. Oh, the irony! My sister got a cat. Over a month ago she went to take the cat to get fixed, but the cat ran away. Eventually Tillie came home and her appointment was rescheduled for this week. Imagine my surprise when my sister texted me, "I took Tillie to the vet today to get fixed and the vet came out and said, 'Tillie's 45 days pregnant.'" HA! How ironic Ms Chickadee skipped out of the last "fixing," got knocked up, and got out of this one by being preggo. Anyone in the greater Rochester/AlfredUniv. area want a kitty?

5. Our furloughs may be turning into layoffs. I really didn't think a County such as ours would take the risk of laying off firefighters, medics, police and corrections---its not a peaches and creme kind of place. We don't have enough employees as it is to ensure safety, but layoffs are in the talks. Part of me is worried because I have 4 1/2 years on and employees under 5 years are the first (supposedly) to be laid off. The other part of me doesn't care. There is no sense in worrying about it. I can't do anything to stop it. If that time comes I guess you'll be seeing me working at Target or Pottery Barn or something. (Hell, might as well work someplace where you can get discounts on stuff you like. With talks of selling this house and moving elsewhere, we are a little worried about the work situation, but with Brian and I, we'll work through what we have to. Lord knows we've worked through TONS already.

6. I wish it would warm up already. I'm so tired of this up and down crap. Just pick a temperature already. For being the first day of spring its not all that pretty out.

My brain is empty now. There's nothing more to type.

No comments: