Sunday, March 15, 2009

Its never going to end....

That's how I feel about this weekend. Its going to go on and on and on and never stop. This "hell weekend" at work only happens once a month but sometimes I think its a weekend too much. I work 24 hours on Wednesday. Friday I go in at 11pm and stay til 3pm Saturday. I get to spend 16 hours at home, then return for another 24 hour shift Sunday. Only this weekend its extra....I'm here from 7am today (Sunday) til 430-5pm Monday. Its hard to plan food for that amount of time. If I pack something, there's no guarantee I'll be at the firehouse at meal time. If we're out all day, we have to schedule our meals around what's open and that's not usually the healthiest place in the world. Oh well. I think I'm good for today and tomorrow. I think I did good yesterday, although to be honest, I didn't journal anything.

I have a new found love for Atlanta Bread Company. I was tired and cranky and starving when I left work yesterday afternoon. I stopped at Subway, took two bites of my sub and tossed it. It just wasn't what I wanted. Yeah, I threw some money away but the way I saw it, I was better with that than eating a bunch of points with the potential of eating more just because my craving (whatever it was) wasn't filled. (I did save the Diet Coke and Baked Lays.) I sat in the parking lot and searched through my Dining Out Guide. I read Atlanta Bread Company's values and remembered there was one a few miles ahead of me. I've never been there before but I will definitely go back. Their toasted cinnamon bagel and RF cream cheese was really good. All together it was 7 points (maybe less actually). I love Panera Bread's cinnamon crunch bagel, but the bagel itself is 8 points....thats not counting whatever goes on top of it---you really have to plan around that bagel. Atlanta's bagel definitely filled my craving. At the last minute I decided to stop at Brian's parents to visit with the family before I went to sleep. Since I had a little something before arriving I didn't devour every quiche and pig in the blanket I saw. I had a few and even though they were yummy, I knew when it was time to stop. WW life was so much better when I had more points to work with. That was one advantage to being heavier! :) ha. Working with 31 points as compared to my now 24, soon to be 23 is a lot different.

I was home, in bed with Baxter, by 7pm. I slept til 435 this morning. It was wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I could definitely head back to sleep and probably will at some point. But, its amazing how some sleep makes you feel so much better. I woke up ready to go---ready to journal and be on plan.

This weeks goals:

COOK: I have my cookbooks here with me today, so I'm going to make up a menu. Its so much harder to eat well when there's no food or leftovers in the house.

GROCERIES: Well, if I want to eat what I've planned, I gotta.

EXERCISE: I'm really going to do it. I have to. Figure if I'm going to do this I better go all in....not just eat better.

Good luck to Susan this week and her mini-goals! I hope it works for her. Good luck to everyone with their weigh-ins. I'm looking forward to mine. Mini-dilemma though...Tuesday is St. Patrick's Day. Going to have to find a way to weigh in and enjoy some St. Patty's Day festivities!! My meeting isn't til 530pm....may have to search for an earlier one somewhere......

No comments: