Monday, April 6, 2009

Recession?

Doesn't appear to be in this neck of the woods. We ended up with two offers on our house. We accepted a cash offer for $5K less than our asking price. So, I didn't make any major profit on the house ($100 more than I bought for) but in this market, I'm not going to argue. This afternoon I'm going to sign the contract on our current house and afterward Brian and I are going to put on offer on a townhouse near where the kids live. Its bigger than our present house and has lots of amenities---lakeside (our backyard backs up to it), pools, beaches, basketball/tennis courts, playgrounds, rec center.....We're pretty excited. If everything goes as planned, we'll be moving June 16th.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I can't believe how quickly your house sold. It is very exciting. What a beautiful area you want to move to. Best of luck to the both of you.

Holly said...

We get there on the 11th and leave on the 23rd, so if you need help...let us know.