Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I love a bargain!

Brian took me out for lunch today so to repay him, I took him to Burlington Coat Factory to look at stuff for the new house. I'm sure he was super excited for me to do that for him. Or not. I wish he'd just go with me everytime we have to make a house purchase. With his input it saved me so much time and many phonecalls to him...."do you think you'd like this?" We walked down one isle and found the perfect duvet cover for our new bedroom. The walls are yellow already and the carpet is brown, so this matched perfectly. Better yet, there's a matching bathroom set so we don't even have to think of how we're going to decorate the attached bath. What could be better than that? The fact that we got it for $40. And shams were only $10 each. That's better than any deal I've seen online. And the purchase was completed painlessly in a matter of minutes.

Brandon has requested a military room for the new house, so we found him camouflage sheets and I'm going to get a neutral colored duvet to go over the comforter he already has. Instead of making his room super "kid-like" we're going to decorate it with momentos from his family members that were in the military over the years. He'll think its great. And if doesn't get the sentimental part of it, thats fine because we do.

WW: Day #3 going well. I ate all my points today at lunch, but surpringly I'm not really hungry now and its almost 8pm. Brian took me to Macaroni Grill. I didn't look at nutritional info prior to getting there, but I'm glad I made the lunch choice I did. It was narrowed down to some sort of cheese melt thing and pizza. At the last minute I chose pizza. Good choice. Half of the pizza was 10 points. Half of the serving of the melty thing was 27. I did bad by giving in to dessert....some apple deliciousness, but I only had half. And with that went my points for the day. Even if I eat something more tonight, I'm okay. I haven't had to dip very far into my 35 extras.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Sounds like a great room for him. I have a USN brass pin of Pop Pop's that you may figure out a way to display it. Maybe a board covered in felt (can be small) would work if he gets other things to clip or pin onto it and hang it on the wall.

Shelley said...

Forgot to mention I love the duvet cover. It will go great in your room.

Amy Anderson said...

Love that duvet! We have a similar one.