Thursday, October 23, 2008

You mean just writing my food down doesn't help me lose? Rats.

Funny. I started journaling my food two weeks ago and I haven't lost. In fact, I may have gained. I don't know. I guess I miraculously thought when you write down what you eat it makes you lose. But I guess not if you don't make any changes about what or how much of it is entering the body.

Brian and I had a little pow-wow about how he is going to be supportive. I don't want that to come off the wrong way. He's helping in his own little way, but I guess deep down it wasn't really supporting me. At times, he was probably enabling me to do bad.

So, we've come up with a solution. When I tell him I don't want something early in the day I want him to tell me no when I suggest it later in the day. Since I tend to run out of points by supper time and then I just eat what ever is on the table, we've decided to make a weekly menu of different suppers. That way, I already know what the point total for the night will be. Then, I can adjust my breakfast and lunches accordingly. I also have to realize I need to make better choices. I thought that I made all the changes I needed to, but in reality that is completely false. Like Brian wanted to make chicken parm the other night. Sounded yummy. Then I realized how many points I actually had and I made a decision to alter my menu. No sauce and cheese for me saved two points and kept me right at my points for the day.

Today Brian was a sweetheart and made my lunch for me. I told him how my mom used to make my lunch and put it in a brown bag and I ate what was in there no matter what. At work now, I tend to put a bunch of food "choices" in my bag and, well, eat all of them. Except the fruit. So, this morning, my lunch was laid out for me. Supper was in its own container. Cinnamon bun oatmeal (my new favorite!) was in a tupperwear container waiting to be made, and there was a brown paper bag with my lunch in it. And to make it feel like old times, he even wrote "Sarah Richards" on the outside so it would feel like it did 15 years ago when my mom made lunches. (Richards is my maiden.)

I did well today. It wasn't easy. I swear I even went thru a mini withdrawal this evening. I ate grapes and oatmeal for lunch. My partner and a ride along went to a really good bagel place this morning and I opted for pretzels and a diet soda, which I forgot was one of my favorite snacks. It occupies my time when I'm bored eating and usually they're not too bad for me, depending on the type. Lunch was reduced fat PB on cinnamon raisin bread, 12 grain Trader Joe's crackers (another yummy), and a pear which I didn't eat yet because its hard. Maybe on the ride home tomorrow AM. Supper was leftovers from last night...chicken, new potatoes and green beans. FF tapioca pudding was a snack. I think I ended up being 1 point over, but I guess its better than the 7 or 11 I've been recently. Maybe I'll finally see some changes if I can continue this.

Downfall for the weekend? Brandon's birthday party. I'm hoping I will be good. I am making a chicken broccoli casserole from www.anniesadventures.com. If you've never been to that site, she's got plenty of really good WW recipes. At least I can feast on that. But I will have to make some room for funfetti cake. What can I say? The boy requested it!!

Brian, thank you for being supportive. I know its not easy, but I do appreciate it very much. The lunch was cute. It was something very different than what I am used to. Love you!

No comments: