Monday, October 6, 2008

I knew it wasn't right.

I went to my ENT this afternoon for my 2 week post-op checkup. I felt like my septum went, or was on its way to going back, to how it was prior to the surgery. The last day or so I wasn't able to breath again out of the right nostril. After examining me, my doctor agreed. The shift is not as bad as it was prior to the surgery, but it is definitely not where it should be. So, unfortunately, I got packed today, in hopes it will act as a splint and shift my septum to the left. To be honest, I'm not a big fan. I sneezed non-stop for 15 minutes in the office. Finally, the doctor decided it was best if she numbed me so my nose could get used to the packing. I have to go back next week for an exam, but she told me to expect to have the nostril packed for at least two weeks. At first I was okay with it, but four hours later, I'm not. I feel like I have a sinus infection in only one half of my face. I feel like my nose is running/congested, but in reality its not because there's no place for anything to go. I wish they made the packing a nice skin color. It's very white, if you are looking at me straight on, it's not noticeable. But, if I'm above you or I raise my head slightly I've got a attractive tampon sticking out. It's hot. So, I thought I was on the way to better breathing, but instead I've got at least two more weeks of yuckiness. I'm sure getting the packing yanked out will be as pleasant as when the splints were removed. Ugh.

No comments: