Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm not getting anywhere.

I wasn't going to tell anyone that I seriously followed WW this week. I weighed in on Tuesday and was 178.4. Boy, I recall a post saying I'd never get back in the 170s. But now I'm close to pushing 180. Anyway, I bought a journal and a dining out guide and sat in for the meeting which didn't do me much good because all they talked about was gross soups. Everyday I've journaled and made different decisions. I prepared myself by eating lower points for some meals in anticipation for others where I may want to indulge a little more. I've even checked off my waters and didn't lie about how many of my 35 points I devoured. I exercised. Seriously. Sweated even. Not only did I exercise, but one day I did it in the living room where Brian could see me. That's a big deal. Never has anyone seen me do my videos.

But, here I am almost a week later and I feel like I'm not doing a good job. I look at my body, the scale, the work and I feel like I can't do it. I'm following the plan but instead of feeling good about it I feel like its not going to work. It's never going to work and that just makes me want to order delicious fries and a chicken cheesesteak. (At least it was chicken!). Maybe its the work. Maybe its the easy way out, which I tell a certain someone on a regular basis he can't take the easy way out of his life anymore. Guess that would make me a bit of a hypocrite.

I hate to keep referring to the time when I lost 70 pounds, but I don't remember feeling like this. Then I was a young 21 year old. Now, I'm older and feel like I'm destined for the beginnings of an old lady body. I feel myself just dealing with and acccepting that body. And the attitude of that's how its supposed to be.

Quite honestly I think I lost this week. But, why am I not happy about that? I'm sure because I've been up and down forever. Even if its 175 (which I don't know if it is) I'm not happy with that 3.6 loss. I've seen 175 so many times before, its just like ok, I'm 175 now and eventually I'll be back.

I'm typing now because I don't want to go get something to eat, even though I really do. Did I mention I hate Weight Watchers?

3 comments:

Christy said...

I don't believe that you exercised. You're nose is broken. How could you breathe fast enough to work out?

pizzaman said...

i saw my girlfriend lose about 20 lbs so far on Jenny Craig and the food is actually good and you get to eat without points
Think about switching
Lawrence

Shelley said...

If you decide to count calories, avoiding high fat foods, you will lose weight. If you add walking to that equation you will lose weight. If you don't like WW or it becomes annoying, try something else. Making good food choices on your own is free and works just as well. I think that way you have so much more flexibility and look forward to your meals. Good luck with continued weight loss no matter how you get there.