Sunday, September 14, 2008

Symbols

All the years I've done WW, I've been told I need a symbol to remind me why I'm on the plan. Handed out by different leaders have been doublemint gum (I don't remember the symbolism of that one), a marble for my pocket so everytime I put my hand in my pocket I remember to eat good (I should have put my hands in my pocket more often), amongst others. I think this afternoon I found the best symbol of all. Guys probably won't understand, but its when lunch time rolls around and its 90 degrees out and your wearing a dress. The symbol? The friction from your thighs rubbing together. I thought I could start a fire. But, it reminded me I have to lose those thighs so instead of ended up at some fast food place and getting chicken fingers and fries, I hauled butt over to Subway for a turkey sub, apples, and water. I did still have a craving after all that food, so I tried for the first time the Whitman's WW English Toffee square. A bit on the small side but it takes so long to chew the toffee that after the two bites it takes to eat it the craving is pretty much over.

I'm trying to be good. I'm not going to lie and say I've been on plan like I said I was going to be. I fell off that wagon when I went to PA for my grandfather's funeral. Then I used the excuse of "I'm studying for the Lt exam." I think I've run out of excuses. I know I have to get on track. I still have to get to the optimum weight for my physical at work in November or December.

So, I've been good today. I'm hoping I can stay on track most of the week. My birthday is on Friday and Brian told me to stash points away for it. All he's told me (which might be a little too much) was that what we're doing will make me happy even if I'm in a crappy mood and there will be BJ's cake, which leads me to believe there will be multiple people there because BJ's doesn't make small cakes. He's been talking about going to Amicci's in Little Italy way too much so I'm sure that ties in somewhere too. I honestly am not even searching for clues but if he doesn't shut his mouth soon, I'm going to figure out whats going on.

No comments: