Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let's celebrate

I'm a dork. Brian wanted to take me out last night to celebrate passing my exam. We went back and forth about where we were going to go, who has the best drink specials, who has the best bartenders and finally decided to go to Bill Bateman's. We sat down at the bar, each ordered a drink and some appetizers. After finishing my drink the bartender asked if I wanted another and I told her I'd wait a bit. She offered a soda and I graciously accepted a delicious Diet Pepsi. We finished eating and then I said, "I want to leave. I want to go to the library." What!? Did I just say that out loud? The library? Yes, yes I did.

Brian was all for it. (We must both be dorks.) My celebration that night was to go to the library and get books that had nothing to do with supervising or policies that we don't even follow at work. We came home and I think I was asleep by 10 or 1030. It was a good night. (I must be getting old.)

Today I had a few appointments. One where I found out wonderful news----my medicine causes my appetite to decrease. That's awesome. I noticed I haven't been eating as much. Like the other day when my supper consisted of a small piece of brownie. And some milk---I needed some dairy. Or yesterday at the bar when the thought of things I normally love repulsed me. Now, don't get me wrong I had no problem finishing off some crab dip and curly fries, but my normal favorite of chicken just didn't do it for me. Wanting pizza every few hours is a thing of the past. Even as I type this, I know I should eat something because its past supper time but I have no idea what. Hopefully this will benefit me in the WW department. The doctor also told me with my new dose of medicine I will be more active and actually want to go to the gym. We'll see. I hope so. I do kinda have the urge to walk. Brian doesn't like me going around new neighborhoods by myself so I'm thinking I may go to the mall or something. (Good excuse to go to the mall, huh?)

So, now I'm sitting here bored out of my mind. I have nothing I have to do. And because of that I'm going half crazy.

The cats are doing well. They are getting along well and Mattingly now hides in our boxspring all the time. (The fabric was ripped from my dogs when I had them.) She sleeps in a piece of fabric that is still connected to the frame like its her personal hammock. I hate to tell her sooner or later she is probably going to be a little fatty and she's not going to fit on that little piece of fabric.

Ok, I've decided to go to the mall for an hour or two and burn off some steam. Then I'll have a few hours to read before bed. I have a feeling I'm going to be bored out of my mind tomorrow. But, that's okay. Tomorrow is my last shift until October 8th!!

1 comment:

bird said...

you need to join this website goodreads.com you can see what everyone else is reading and get good ideas on what to get at the library. I'll try to email you an invite from the website but if not join and I'll find you on there.