Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just call us Mommy and Daddy!

We didn't mention it to a lot of people but we adopted a new baby girl. Her name is Mattie. She's adorable as all babies are. She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping. We can't wait for the kids to meet her this weekend. We didn't say anything to them about it just in case it didn't work out, but it did. And come Saturday they are going to be so surprised....I can't wait.

Oh, wait. Did I mention our baby girl is a kitty? Oh yeah. She's our beautiful little furball. We adopted her last night. We decided to get her because Baxter's not always so pleasant with the kids. He doesn't want to play and he's not fond of them petting him. The kids always complain they want a pet that likes them. I had a rough time deciding if we should get one. We've been talking about it for months now. But we have officially ruled out a dog for the next few years so the cat was a winner.

Last night was a little rough at their introduction. There was hours of hissing and puffy tails, but by this afternoon they were playing together. Right now Baxter is chasing her up and down the stairs. I think they'll get along just fine. Baxter is acting all motherly, watching her every move. I'm just scared the cat is going to fall through the steps (we have open "Brady Bunch" steps going upstairs). As for the kids we aren't telling them anything til they find Mattie on their own.

Mattie got her name because we thought she was going to be a boy. Brian and I decided to name the boy cat Mattingly after my grandfather and his NY Yankees nickname. So, even though she's a girl, we still named her Mattingly, but we call her Mattie, too.

I'm so tired of studying. I should be doing more than I have been but I'm getting so bored doing it. I have tonight, tomorrow at work and Tuesday to finish. After that its game over. The test is Wednesday morning.

I weighed in last week, but I definitely haven't been counting points until today. I've been good so far today. I do so much better when I cook. Its just hard to get motivated some days to cook when there are so many good places to eat around here. Tonight I made a really awesome chicken. Its a WW recipe---skillet BBQ chicken. It was super easy. It was chicken breast brushed with BBQ sauce and topped with shredded pepperjack cheese, real bacon bits, and chopped green onions. It was only 6 points. Brian really liked it too. Its one of those meals you can't wait til it tomorrow at lunch time so you can eat it again. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

Ok, enough procrastination. I have got to get back to studying. :(

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Best of luck with your new addition. I know the kids will be surprised and very happy. I just hope that Mattie wants to be around the kids. Well at least Baxter now has a friend to play with. I hope he knows how to share.

Caroline said...

Good luck with the new kitty! We have our "boys" (2 male cats that are litter mates), but we didn't get them until they were about 8 months old. I really want a kitten, but Chris says he refuses to be one of those couples "with all the cats." *Sigh*

And the BBQ chicken sounds fabulous. I definitely want the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Coongrads on the new baby... I want to see photos..... The kids are going to be super excited...