Monday, September 22, 2008

Nose job is tomorrow.

Ok, so its not a real nose job but it sounds a whole lot cooler than "septoplasty with inferior turbinate reduction." Its been postponed to 1030am so that means I get a few extra hours of sleep. I was supposed to be at the hospital by 640am, but now don't have to be until 9.

Now I'm on a mission to figure out things to eat for the next week or two. After reviewing my post-op paperwork, I can only eat soft foods for the first week. I figured that anyway, because if this surgery even remotely feels like my last broken nose did, then there's no way in hell I will even want me teeth to touch.

Brian's mom is making me matzo ball soup and I have mashed potatoes on request as well. But I want to have stuff that makes me feel like I'm eating more than just snacks throughout the day. I'm not a good sick person. I hate Jello and my soup intake is quite limited. I was thinking I want mashed cauliflower so I get some veggies in. Any suggestions? I'd be screwed if I ever broke my jaw or something. I'd have to start pureeing pizza.

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

You can do like I do with Carter...puree (cooked) chicken and green beans together. Mix in some mashed potato. Yum!

Sounds weird, but wholesomebabyfood.com has good soft recipes that you can tweak for an adult palate.

Good luck tomorrow!!