Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I lied again.

Ok, I lied. I'm not going to BodyPump. But not because I'm chickening out, but because they have no power. Brian went to cycling this morning and just when they were about to finish, the power went out. He's going to call in a half hour or so to see if they got power back. He still may go. I am not. Brian and I decided it's probably best for me to stay home and study for a few hours today.

I found out that as of 8am today, there are only four people taking the Lieutenant exam next week. Initially it was 13, but for one reason or another, nine are no longer taking it. At first I was taking the test just because. Then I was disgruntled and wanted to take the test so that I wasn't supervised by inadequate people. Now that I have a good partner, I'm starting to rethink it all. I only have four years working for the department which means if I get promoted I will be an officer for the next sixteen years and no more riding on medic units. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. Not being an officer part but the giving up the medic unit part. Part of me just wants to take the test for experience purposes and if I fail, I fail. But now, with only four people taking it, I don't want to fail for pure embarrassment reasons. The test is in eight days. I figure I'll put in a few good days of studying and whatever happens, happens. Unfortunately (or fortunately) me being who I am, I can't just half-ass it.

I went to a new WW meeting today. I really just went to the meeting closest to me because I felt I should weigh in since I haven't in a few weeks (up 2.2 lbs, which I'm okay with after last weeks events and spending a few days eating deliciousness in PA). I normally just weigh in there and leave because I don't like the leader. I walked in and there was no receptionist so I was asked if I could weigh in after the meeting. Ok, I'll stay. I'm glad I did. Today started the first day of a new leader, Wendy. I really liked her. So, now I'm thinking about transferring my paperwork over since its closer to home and I won't mind staying for meetings with Wendy. Plus there is a girl in the meeting that started today that I think I could be friends with. Sounds weird. I feel like I'm trying to ask her out on a date or something. Ha! But she was the only one my age and from listening to her talk she sounds like we have similar personalities. I'll give it a few weeks then see if she lives close by. It would be nice to have a walking buddy or something. (No wonder guys get stressed out about asking a girl out! :) )

We worked on the patio last night and it turned out great. We planted flowers in our new flower beds, pulled up old stuff in the big flower bed and planted new things. We now are the proud owners of a blueberry bush and a raspberry tree (or bush?). I love fresh blueberries for pancakes and baked stuff and Brian loves raspberries. We think the kids will enjoy picking them next year. I just hope they don't die before then. I will post pictures of that later, along with pictures of Brian, Bella, Brandon and I at the Renaissance Festival this weekend.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Congrats on the new patio!! And I have the same issue with feeling like I'm asking a girl out when I'm trying to make new friends. It's such a weird feeling!