Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I earned APs. Or did I?

I had a much needed vent session/motivation speaker session the other night with a good friend of mine. I had a good cry (by myself), went to sleep and woke up a different person. I decided I was going to try to move as much as I can. If I'm going to sit and play on the computer or take a nap, I am making myself start another project to see if I'm really tired and need the nap or if I'm just bored.

I was super motivated at work yesterday. (Or, Midol has some sort of crack in it and I should take it every 6 hours.) I got there early, started checking my equipment, washed the ambulance, swept the bay floors, vacuumed, did paperwork and got 25 minutes of elliptical time in before we started running calls. Awesome, right? Sarah's moving around and that's what she needs if she's going to lose--movement. (Don't ask why I'm talking in 3rd person. Well, I guess its because I'm having this conversation with myself right now.) I wasn't tired when I normally nap. I got up at 430am to go to work and didn't end up going to sleep til 430am this morning. Talk about a long day.

After a few hours of sleep at work, I was ready for home. On the way, I can say I was honestly looking forward to journaling. I knew I was probably over in points because I had snacks when I was tired around 230am. (I'm choosing better---90 cal granola bars instead of Dunkin Donuts....you know....theres nothing like the smell of DD at 230am.) Moreso, I wanted to add up my APs for the day. I bust my ass all day....I wanted those APs I earned.

Then I got home. I journaled, leaving the APs for last because its was going to be awesome. Kinda like saving the icing on the cake. Talk about a bubble being popped. 3 points. THREE points?! That wasn't quite the number that was floating around my head. Reviewing the activity breakdown of the day really showed me what I did all day. I really didn't do as much as I thought. I'm not really disappointed though. I ate less. I ate better. I gained APs. I realized just how much of a load I am otherwise and all the opportunities in every day life I have to burn a little extra.

Whats tomorrow's plan? Shhhh..don't tell Brian. I might try the gym. He thinks its bonding. I think he's invading my space. I get so "into" my workouts I don't want anyone talking to me or blowing kisses or "can't wait to see you laters." I just want to concentrate on working out, shower, a little me time in the car singing songs and then we can bond. Its kinda like waking up in the morning. I have my routine. He has his. I'm not a morning person, unlike Bri. He gets mad when I smack his hand for changing the channels on the way into work. Thats what he gets for breaking my routine. I love him with all my heart, but really....this time around its Sarah time and Brian time seperately. Learn to embrace it. Lord knows I do. Tangents.........

No comments: