Sunday, August 16, 2009

I can't believe I'm posting this publicly,

but Christy was right. I needed a change. My symbolic treadmill was getting tired of spinning round and round, as was I. There's lots of things I can't change in my life, but on the other hand there is plenty of stuff out there I can do something about.

I've had lots of heart to hearts with people lately and realized I was blind to all the support that has been in front of my face the whole time. With the help of a few couple good friends, I'm ready to make a lifestyle change. Its no longer about the weight. Its about being healthy. Its about being more social even if its uncomfortable. Its about letting someone else help you even if its you who is usually handing out assistance.

I'm grateful to those people who gave me a reality check. I'm grateful to Brian for being supportive in his own little way, even if its not how I "wish" it would be. I needed a kick in the butt and I'm hoping this, as it was so nicely put to me, is my "ah, fuck it," moment. Its time to speak up for me and work on these projects to better me and my family.

There might even be a dog in the future....I need a walking buddy!

2 comments:

Christy said...

If this was Facebook, I would click on the "like" button. :)

Unsettled Mind said...

hollllllaaaaa on the "ah, fuck it" moments!!!!!