Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm still around.

Sorry. I put myself in quarantine with the recent swine flu outbreak.

Really, don't get me started on that one. I know, I know, it could have been the worst pandemic since 1918, but get real here people. 1918 was a long time ago and I think we've made one or two medical advances in that time. Yes, I fully understand how viruses spread and that was one of the main concerns. With all the hype, I don't doubt for a second the virus was spread to less people because everyone was worried about catching it. Maybe every winter we should all stay home when sick, wash our hands, and cough in our elbows so we don't catch the flu without a curly tail. Its a completely unheard of idea. (Note my sarcasm.)

At work we got to wear these really fun N99 respirators. There's nothing like walking into a home with a family that speaks only Romanian and try to determine why their three year old is laying in bed with blue lips, hands, and feet, eyes rolled back and an obvious fever. So now my focus went from aggressively treating this kid to fighting to keep the stupid mask in a position where it would stop pushing my glasses up to where the lenses are a at nauseating level right in the middle of my view. Then there's the, "oh my God, I need to blow my nose NOW," problem where there's no stopping it. As you can tell, I can't wait til we get to wear them again. Especially when you walk in a Romanian's house and they think we're wearing them because they are Romanian. I need to get that version of Rosetta Stone so I can explain things in the future.

I don't feel like I have anything intriguing to write about these days. I'm not going to bore you with the WW's ups and downs (more ups than downs). I went off one of my medicines, which DEFINITELY cut back on cravings and mindless eating which created a loss but the side effects weren't worth it. I'm back on the medicine and feeling, oh, so much better!!

I don't know about everyplace else in the world, but allergies in the DC/Baltimore area are kicking my butt. Its been such a long spring so far. The sinus infections are finally gone, but the remnants of everything else remain. The downfall is when it finally stopped raining and Noah's Arc floated away, the beautiful days really were beautiful. All I wanted to do is keep the windows open, but after a while I didn't even notice how nice it was between my coughs and nose blowing. We're working to tweak a good allergy regimen so once we move in the new house I can fully enjoy everything it has to offer, even if it is in the woods and next to a lake.

Along those lines, we just started packing today. We don't settle til June 26th, so we're taking our time. Thank God for craigslist.com and amazon.com. We are selling stuff left and right. It's really a win/win for us. Its that much less stuff we have to pack up and haul out, but its also $$ in our pocket to put towards the next house for the first few projects we hope to complete. The house is looking mildly disasterous and I'm sure it will only worsen over the next few weeks.

We decided to save money and move ourselves. In theory, it is a good idea. In reality, I'm not so sure. Brian's mom and I helped him move into his apartment a few years ago and that wasn't exactly pretty. Brian gets a bit snippy, as do I, but he tries to be Superman and do it all. Finding out the hard way, I've learned its not worth fighting back. Its more fun to watch him struggle and ask for help anyway. This time around there will be NO kids "helping" us. For the apartment move, Bella ran full speed into a patio door and Brandon got his hand slammed in the steel door.... No kids.

That's it. Sorry, I couldn't be more entertaining.

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

Dude, spend the money. So worth it.