Thursday, May 28, 2009

I get it.

Isn't it weird when you "get it?" Like, when someone tells you to try something, in this case a "reward" for achieving a goal as motivation, and you try it yourself and it doesn't work. But then, one day, it works. I don't understand it, but yesterday I got it.

I worked my butt off (unfortunately, not literally) at the gym yesterday. On the way home I stopped at Barnes and Noble's to look for something for a friend. After wandering, I found myself in the journal section. Its the craziest thing....its like I was drawn to this way-to-expensive-for-a-journal journal. I picked it up and bought it. Now, its not like I haven't bought something before like this, but this very pretty journal was my "reward" for going to the gym. Maybe more a reward for finally getting over that hump of, "I hate the gym, I'm not going" attitude. I want to go. I'm looking forward to the results.

I drove home wondering what this journal was going to be about since I blog already. I started writing and this one was different. It wasn't "poor me" or "I can't do this" or "I blame...." It was, "this is the beginning and I'm going to document it all." I want proof this time of my progress. I want to see the bad "before" me. When I lost before I didn't want to remember that old me. Now, I do. I want to have something to look back at.

In the journal will be my next goal and reward. What will the reward be??? No idea. Maybe it will just come to me like it did last night. I'm glad I finally "get" it.

1 comment:

jo said...

I think it's lovely you got the journal. Sometimes we need something "cool" or inspirational or pretty to open up our thoughts, ideas, passions.

Enjoy!