Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm being a copycat.

Amy joined WW at work today. I'm very proud of her, although I didn't know she had anything to lose!! Its hard to make that first step. Trust me, I've made that first step so many times I don't think I can call it first step anymore. Its hard to swallow that you need a little help with things sometimes.

I think I posted about utilizing the wellness/fitness guy from work to help me with working out. It worked for week 1. Week 2 was horrible. I did nothing. Part of it was my laziness. The other part was my schedule. I worked an extra shift then after a few of a my regular shifts I didn't go straight home like normal. I never realized just how much that would affect my life. Its been horrible. Week 3: well, lets say half and half. I've put more into it than before, but I still could have tried harder. I got a lot more workouts in (we have Wii Fit Plus now and I'm a super hula-hooper), but my food choices haven't been good. Its like I get one side of things figured out and the other just slacks. Bill told me to eat 400 calorie meals 4 times a day. Yeah, so I learned I haven't mastered how much food is 400 calories. I lost a little bit, but nothing much.

Between Missy losing and doing awesome at her triathlon and Amy's joining WW I've decided to try it again. I'm not signing up for the meetings. I've learned from multiple attempts before that once I miss one weekly meeting, I miss two and the trend continues. With my job I WILL miss one or two meetings a month. I'm not even putting myself into the position of missing. But I'm going to try to online only version. My weigh ins are on Monday. For years, it was about the way I looked. Now, its about my health. I got the official speech from the doctor last week. "You might be pre-diabetic." Then he said, "you're obese." Actually the phrase he used was, "you're not bad in the face/neck, but you're middle is obese and your bottom.....well, you know." What? I know? I wish I had some witty comment back, but I had nothing.

No comments: