Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nothing like being a disappointed bitch at 225am.

I've been craving....almost drooling for a Diet Pepsi all day at work. I was a good girl, though. Water and Crystal Light all day. But, you see, I just spent the past 2 hours sitting with a lady who is fond of vodka and paraphernalia. She says (very loudly, I might add---so all patients and their families in the ER could hear) that I was a bitch. Over and over and over again. Sometimes that would be justified, like when I'm in need of a soda, but not today. I was very nice to this lady. Then she tried to jump off my cot which turned into a ruckus and I quickly became friends with a cop named Mike. Or maybe Tom. It didn't matter. (Did I mention we took her to the hospital because Mike (or Tom) found her unresponsive and unconscious in lockup? She stayed that way for us until we got outside and the cool nights air starting blowing over her. After that there was nothing but crying and yelling and purse throwing.) After that experience (and deciding, yet again, there's no way I'll pursue a job as a police officer because I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut) I felt a Diet Pepsi was justified. Sure, I could have went to 7-11 and got a nasty dog with mustard. A fast food place was probably open with yummy fries. But, no, tonight I decided to have will power, and I decided I was going to treat it to Diet Pepsi deliciousness.

Problem: I only had 44 cents in my pocket. The machine takes 50.

I asked my partner if he had change. He didn't. I searched my car. Nothing. Ugh.

OK, so it wasn't meant to be. I finished my water. I could feel crankiness (more pissed offness) creep up inside. (My old partners know exactly what I'm talking about.)

Then I hear, "were you looking for a dime? I found one in my bed." It was fate. It was meant to be. I grabbed the dime and headed upstairs for a Diet Pepsi. I was smiling. Literally. I couldn't wait til it hit my lips. I came back to the office and opened the can.

The first sip? Disgusting. I'm not kidding. I wouldn't kid about something like this. No syrup. Ok maybe a touch, but if I wanted club soda I would have got that. All I got was tan colored carbonated water. What a disappointment. :( So now its 2:25 am, and I'm typing with sad little fingers.

Tomorrow: I'm treating myself to the biggest fountain soda I can find. And it will be wonderful.

Oh, and Brian.....better get your grilling outfit on because I want hot dogs for lunch tomorrow. With mustard. And hopefully less wrinkly and shriveled up than 7-11's. They remind me of an old man's butt. Its sad I know what old man's butt looks like. With that, I'm going to sleep. Hopefully.

2 comments:

The Price's Wife said...

You deserve a diet pepsi AND a hot dog. Seriously.

Christy said...

I ordered a fountain Dr. Pepper last week and was so disappointed when I sipped it. It tasted like crap! Luckily I was at a restaurant and able to exchange it for a coke, which was tasted good. I wasn't even all excited about it and it was still a let down. I feel ya.