Monday, February 23, 2009

I am a mean, mean lady

You know, I really feel like an awful person sometimes. I was walking into a store yesterday and this little boy was sitting on the bench asking everyone so politely if we were interested in buying some candy he was selling for some activity he's involved in. I honestly carry no cash, so I told him no on the way through the doors. But to make me feel worse, he asked again on my way out. I had to say no a second time. Nothing like stabbing that knife in and twisting it a few times. The second time I couldn't even look at him and all I said was "I'm sorry."

I wonder what they think? Do they even care that I say no. I'm guessing they don't feel as bad about as I do. I don't really remember getting turned down when I sold stuff when I was young, but I guess that is because we went to all the close family members and my dad took the rest to work. Pizzas were only sold during Lent, so everyone bought one to go along with pierogies on Friday nights. Krispy Kreme donut day.....hell I'd buy all of my own donuts. I remember we all used to eat an entire box between dismissal and when we got home. (Those were the days....a box of donuts and a skinny mini body.) Maybe they think nothing. Maybe its just my own guilt inside. I think I might start a fundraiser. I'll sit on a bench with all the yucky snacks in my house. You know the ones you just had to try so you bought three boxes worth? After the first bite it was determined they were unedible. Then you're stuck. You can't throw away 2+ boxes....that was paid for with good money. Anyway, I'll ask people if they want to buy something than say all proceeds benefit the Sarah and Brian furlough fund. Ha. Two birds, one stone. Clean out the pantry and a few extra bucks on the side. Yeah, right.

Speaking of Lent and pizza, I'm thinking about giving it up for the full 40 days. I don't know, maybe I said that last year until I ate my first slice. But, I really want to. Years ago I gave up Diet Pepsi and anything fried. That was tough but I did all 40 days. And honestly after 40 days I didn't even want it. Obviously since, I have changed my mind back. I used to eat cheesesteaks when I was college like crazy. One everyday for late night because they were soooo good in the dining hall. And no one makes a sandwich better than the guys on the grill dancing and singing to Go-Go music. Mmmmm, late night. I digress. Anyway, cheesesteaks. I stopped for 40 days and since, I eat cheesesteaks on very rare occasions. We'll see. I have another day or two to decide. Its gonna suck.

1 comment:

pizzaman said...

never give up pizza for lent...God loves Pizza