Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I feel as though I may be out of the loop.

For two weeks I keep telling Brian about here and there having pancakes for dinner. Churches, Knight of Columbus, you name it, they are having pancakes. How awesome is that? Breakfast for dinner. I, myself, am a HUGE pancake lover. Ask Brian. We've had pancakes for breakfast every day for over a week. (I found an IHOP copykat recipe that we tweaked a bit to make WW friendly.)
We didn't talk much about it. It never crept up into the back of our heads as to why everyone would be having pancakes around the same time.

A few minutes ago, I was snooping around FB and saw a few updates about eating pancakes and Pancake Day. I had no idea. Whammo! I was hit in the head with knowledge and its becoming clearer now. I'm still not exactly sure why pancakes are a big thing for Fat Tuesday except the Polack's like their's with a glass of vodka. Mmmm, tastes like burning. I read what Wikipedia and a few other sites had to say about it, but does anyone have more input? Now that I know, next Fat Tuesday will be a HUGE pancake night. I can't wait. It will be awesome.

No comments: