Saturday, February 13, 2010

We're alive after Snowmeggedon 2010!

Its been a while......

Well. Where to start? Snow. Lots of it. We got hit with two blizzards in one week!! I'll have to post some pictures. Its been crazy around here. I love it, to be honest. I grew up with snow so I'm used to it. Maryland/DC? Not so much. People are aggravating me, but its not really their fault. They don't get snow like this normally, so its definitely a shock to them. People start walking in the middle of the street because there are no sidewalks shoveled. Three lane roads only have one plowed.Its all part of the experience, I guess. Definitely something we'll remember for a long time.

I started going to a chiropractor. She's great. She's confirming so many things that hurt me. Guess that sounds funny, but she's giving reason as to why things hurt me and we're working on reversing them. The best? She told me which exercises to completely avoid because they WILL hurt me (because of my sacrum issues and hourglass body shape). Which ones? Treadmill with incline, elliptical, bike riding (unless recumbent), lunges, stairmills or step machines. All the things I was doing at the gym off and on over the years and caused me so much pain I refused to go back. So, we're starting a workout plan now. I need to walk on flat surfaces/treadmills when working out. I can do the recumbent bike. I should walk backwards on the treadmill. I can workout with light weights for my upper body but can't do lunges or anything for a while until she feels I'm ready. She told me I'll feel like I'm doing nothing, which is why I avoided those things. I feel like I'm cheating if I'm sitting down in a chair and riding a bike. But, she said if I do that stuff for 45-60 minutes I'll get results.

And results, I hope I get. I've been reading a lot about PCOS lately. They say although its harder to lose the weight, the benefits are even greater. Apparently symptoms worsen with the more weight that is carried, increasing chances for diabetes. Another reason to lose? Increases my chances of having a baby. Yep....we're talking a baby. Nothing anytime soon, because I know its going to be a process, but I've read women with PCOS that lose the weight greatly increase the chances of getting pregnant. And if IVF is needed, it increases the chances the pregnancy will take. There is a pretty good chance I'd need to do IVF, so with the $ and stress involved with that, I want to be sure I do what I have to in order to be successful.

3 comments:

Dancing_Through_Life said...

I have to agree. This snow has put a lot of my plans on hold, and it has also canceled a couple of events. I live near the mason-dixon line, close to Hagerstown.

Sarah said...

ok...we're outside of frederick city.

Dancing_Through_Life said...

Oh, only like a half hour from me.