Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moving and giving up

Just over a week left til moving day!! I can't wait til its all over with. I don't want to come off like we're struggling everyday stressing about packing, but this house has been an annoyance for the past few weeks. There's boxes everywhere, things in "holding" where we're not sure if we should pack them or not yet and then the pile of stuff we're trying to sell on Craigslist.com. We decided to move ourselves and got a good deal on a moving truck. There won't be any rushing. We get the truck the day before we move and return it the day after. Hopefully it will be non-stressful. I say that now.....

I've given up on WW for good. It was time. All I was doing to myself was getting frustrated and more and more unmotivated. I talked with a guy at work who is a personal trainer on his off days. He suggested I read the book Abs Diet. At first I was hesitant, but I decided it couldn't hurt. The goal, they say, is to get flat abs. Thats the gimmick part. The rest of it is trying to tell you how to opt for more protein and fiber as well as a mix of good carbs. Basically its the same as WW's core program. The book encourages 6 small meals a day, kind of an a schedule. It was wonderful for work yesterday. I was busy running calls, but never got hungry. Today I'm doing pretty well, too. Brian and I went to the grocery store and bought tons of stuff we can cook with this week and next. I'm happy I've been making good choices. Theres a workout plan in the back as well, so I'll be starting that soon.

No comments: